How did you start sewing / quilting? Who taught you?
- I'd just moved to the States and out of sheer boredom, I started sewing little things with the sewing machine I asked for Christmas. One fine day, I got the great idea to make my mother-in-law a table runner for her birthday. I taught myself to quilt with books and the Internet, and read everything I could to improve my skills because I was immediately hooked!
What advice would you give a beginner?
- Ask for help, try new things (even if they scare you) and just have fun!
Aside from quilting, what other hobbies do you have?
- I have many! I love photography, knitting, baking, cooking... and recently, I took up tapestry weaving. There are not enough hours in the day for my hobbies!
Tell us something about yourself that we might not know!
- I was born in Singapore, and have lived in Hong Kong, Australia and now the States.
Why do you sew / quilt?
- If I didn't, I'd have gone a little crazy by now. I was new to the States so I didn't have a job or know anyone, so it allowed me to do something with my time and through that, I found a quilting community that I'm most grateful for.
What 5 items must you have in your sewing box?- Wonder clips, rotary cutter, Frixion pens, Clover seam ripper and silk pins.
How has quilting impacted your life?
- I'm on social media quite a bit, and I've met friends from all over the world who I wouldn't have met otherwise. Plus making quilts for people is very fulfilling and meaningful when you know they appreciate all your hard work.