How did you start sewing / quilting? Who taught you?
- My mom taught me how to sew when I was a kid. After learning the basics, I took Home Ec in junior high and made simple garments. Then I decided to take piecing and quilting classes at my LQS on Long Island (where we used cardboard templates to mark our cutting lines and sewing shears to cut our pieces...yikes!).
Aside from quilting, what other hobbies do you have?
- Hmmm...that's a tough one :) I guess they would be knitting, reading/listening to books and playing math games (I love math!).
What's your favorite thing about working / teaching at SIQS?
- Besides being around gorgeous fabric every day? It's got to be my co-workers and all of the great customers I get to chat with!
What's your favorite / most memorable quilt(s) you've ever made, and why?
- While I was in college, I made a queen size pinwheel quilt for my parents as a 25th wedding anniversary gift. It was hand pieced and hand quilted...it took me almost a year to complete. They loved it :)
What 5 items must you have in your sewing box?
- Seam ripper, pins, threads in many colors, small ruler and fabric marker.